- The role requires full availability over the quarter end period and extended hours including weekend (and possible public holidays) are required during the critical quarter-end periods.
- Provide expert analysis of tax charge and tax balances for given business Sector including insightful and relevant commentary on the result
- Ensure Input (for given business Sector) to the Quarterly Results Announcement and Annual report are in accordance with relevant SOX controls. Ensure high-quality training material in place based on identified needs of County Tax teams/FO and Controllers
- Ensure that high-quality relevant Group Tax Reporting guidance is in place to meet the needs of the tax community.
- Work on other matters assigned where value and priorities dictate
- Analysis of given business Sector tax charge, tax balances and tax exposures, to facilitate sign off by Group Tax Reporting Manager and ultimately EVP Tax
- Ensure timely execution of the given business Sector tax reporting process each quarter, to comply with all relevant accounting standards (e.g. IAS 12)
- Assist in the process of ensuring that Group Financial Report Manual Chapters relating to Tax (AP33/34) are kept up to date and reflect changes in IAS12 and guidance is relevant to the needs of Tax Community
- Assist in identifying relevant developments in accounting standards and in particular IAS 12 and ensure the impact is understood and required actions taken for Tax Community to comply.
- Assist in process of preparing and maintaining high-quality training material based on identified needs of County Tax teams/FO and Controllers. In developing training material seek to learn from other areas of the company with similar training issues.
- Identify Tax Reporting SME’s in the Tax Community (Including FINOPS) and work to leverage the benefit of that knowledge throughout the tax community.
- Contribute to and maintain corporate memory by identifying data with permanent value and ensuring stored in Permanent Files.
- Measuring Tax Reporting performance, providing feedback to Country teams and TLT and also working with Tax community to continuously improve reporting performance.
- Ensure Annual SOX controls are operated in accordance with Control descriptions.
- Work on projects as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong understanding of tax accounting under IFRS
- Direct Tax background would be an asset
- Substantial experience in business taxation working for multinationals, or professional firm
- Working in a Global environment and dealing with remote stakeholders/customers
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues, both written and oral, including senior Tax and Finance Management
- Adapting to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations
- Significant Experience of applicable Tax reporting systems (e.g. Report1, Taxi-Q) an advantage, although not essential
- An effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams
- Strong understanding of the RDS corporate structure, governance processes, control framework, controls in a tax environment