Scope & Accountabilities:
- Primary role will be to supervise 24x7 NOC operations (IT Infrastructure and Application stack) and for managing productions.
- Proactively monitor, diagnose and resolve alerts, events pertaining to application, system (Wintel, UNIX, Databases, Unified Communication, Azure, Storage) or network incidents affecting the services quickly and ensure maximum availability and performance.
- Monitoring the environment using the standard tools (Solarwinds, Oracle OEM, TICK stack, OMS (Azure) etc.,)
- Ensure timely notification, impact list preparation.
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Investigate service outages, incidents and system issues, log and track in incident reporting system.
- Maintain Inventory of all nodes that are being monitored along with the impact and callout sheet.
- Knowledge of MPLS and QoS and basic knowledge of security technologies.
- Work with Telecommunication Service providers to resolve escalated circuit problems to resolution.
- Create and maintain technical documentation/SOP’s pertaining to NOC operations.
- Performance and MIS reporting.
- Provide support when operational problem occurs, problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently within a fast faced environment.
- Automation knowledge preferred.
- Basic understanding of common server hardware and architecture
- DNS and common tools for troubleshooting (eg:ping, traceroute, netstat, nslookup, etc.,)
- Should have a basic understanding of Distributed Computing (load balancers, service clusters, server pools, etc.,)
Experience & Required Skills:
- 5+ years of experience working in 24 x 7 NOC environments.
- Working knowledge of IT operations.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Fluent in English language, written and verbal
- CCNA, MCSE certifications
- ITIL Foundation Certification