- The Financial and Management Reporting Manager is responsible for compliance of timelines and accuracy of monthly financial transaction processing, take care of addition/deletion/reconciliation with GL to FA register with regards to Fixed Assets. S/he will also be accountable for cash and bank reconciliations, month-end processing (period close), trial balance, PNL and balance sheet review. S/he will also be responsible for managing multiple stakeholders, respective team(s).
- Ensure month close and reporting process (review) is well established and documented
- Ensure adherence to Timeline and Accuracy SLAs and meet internal / corporate deadlines
- Ensure that the roles and responsibilities in the month closing and reporting process (including a required understanding of the entity’s operations and appropriate accounting knowledge) are clearly defined, documented, updated, and communicated to counterparts on a timely basis
- Ensure that financial statements of the Entity / BU handled adhere to accounting policies defined by the Corporate and any changes thereof from time to time and any exceptions identified are clearly highlighted to onsite teams
- Application of the entity’s accounting policies to each non-routine event or transaction is independently reviewed for appropriateness and ensures any exceptions are highlighted to business on an immediate basis. Unusual items and exceptions are investigated and properly resolved / recorded in the general ledger in the appropriate accounting period.
- Journal entries are independently reviewed, validated, authorized, and properly recorded in the appropriate accounting period
- All intercompany transactions and balances are identified, reconciled, and appropriately eliminated in consolidation in the appropriate accounting period.
- All Profit Centres, Cost Centres and GL Accounts of the Entity are mapped as per standard chart of accounts
- Commerce Degree from an Institute of repute with Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy qualification
- 8+ years in F&A domain from FMCG/Manufacturing/Captive/Third-Party environment
- Ability to layout clear plans for process standardization within Entities / BU handled and implement the same
- Experience in setting up Validation Checklists for all processes and ensure to review on a continuous basis for completeness and accuracy
- Should be able to identify and implement Continuous Improvement Projects (Six Sigma, Lean, YB projects) to improve team’s productivity and efficiency and overall quality of processes
- Extremely well versed with MS Office – Excel, Word Power Point
- Working knowledge of SAP / Oracle and SAP BPC / BO / BI would be an added advantage
- Ability to handle pressure and work in an environment of strict deadlines
- Strong domain expertise, analytical skills and logical reasoning with good leadership capabilities
Shift timings: 2 PM - 11 PM