The Head of Payments Technology will be responsible for setting up a CoE for Delivery Transformation of Payments Systems.
· Perform rapid Proof Of Concepts (POC) to experiment and build rails for the engineering team
· Support engineers and project managers in rapid development and deployment
· Actively participate in team and enterprise-wide architecture and engineering discussions.
· Introduce enterprise architectural paradigms and solutions into the portfolio.
· Drive both high level and detailed design and conduct design reviews
· Engage and work with cross-functional leaders to understand and help define business principles, goals and strategy within scope of responsibility.
· Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategy direction and changes.
· Mentor engineers and solution architects to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement solutions expeditiously with high quality
· 15 or more years of strong hands on experience in Java and experience with backend or middle ware processing. Experience on Ruby stack is preferred.
· Extensive experience in designing and implementing large scale platforms with high resiliency, availability, and reliability.
· Strong experience in applications with high throughput and performance
· Experience with micro services architectures and service mesh technologies is preferred.
· Hands on experience in the following environments: Java, Go,Vert.x, React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JASON, CouchBase, Cassandra, Redis,Consul, Jenkins, docker, Kubernates, OpenShift, Drools, Elastic Stack, Kafka, Spark, ML
· Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
· Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.