The incumbent will be responsible for managing multiple teams within Infrastructure engineering and Infrastructure Operations. Contribute to developing a strategy for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Manage, systems management and integration functions — assists in developing infrastructure engineering growth strategies and initiatives. Leads initiatives to analyse complex infrastructure problems and provide with possible solutions. Lead the evaluation of the effectiveness of the organisation's existing infrastructure technology. Analyses trends to develop a strategy for the implementation of upgrades that will enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Works closely with external vendors on finding solutions to infrastructure problems. Provides input into the selection of vendors to assist with systems administration or application issues. Uses broad IT knowledge to direct strategy in ensuring infrastructure is designed to accommodate the development and testing processes best. Provides leadership to execute project plans and performance requirements for all stages/phases through the management of human capital resources. Recruit, direct, motivate and develop staff, maximising their contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manage multiple infrastructure engineering teams. Contribute to the achievement of various teams' objectives.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, an advanced degree is preferred.
· Twenty (20+) years of related experience is required.
· Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Prior experience working in Microsoft, or a global Cloud Solutions Provider is highly beneficial.
· Technical fluency working with a Microsoft environment (Office products)
· Core infrastructure knowledge of the major building blocks of technology: storage, networking, virtualisation, cloud, servers, data centers, etc.
· Prior experience in setting up and managing highly motivated teams (project offices, line management organisation role, deployment teams, engineering centres, etc.).
· Deep technical depth in one or more Microsoft related infrastructure roles, enough to demonstrate credibility to senior engineers
· Development knowledge, especially in MS Visual Studio, or VBA
· Scripting knowledge, especially in PowerShell
· Linux knowledge – server or desktop
· Mobile knowledge – e.g. Mobile Device Managers, Application Managers
· System administration knowledge – practical experience running critical operations