Job Description – Finance Advisor – Compliance.
Direct Tax: Transfer pricing support for timely statutory certification, Includes following key actions:
- Analysis of report for upstream and non-upstream revenue customers breakdown
- Coordination with country/business FM’s for documentation required to prove at cost status of the services provided.
- Summary presentation to India tax and Site controller on the overall result
Indirect Tax: Coordinate with FO MIT Team/Central Tax team and Tax consultants for all the indirect tax-related matters which includes the following key points.
- Provide necessary advice/clarifications, wherever required by the FO Manage Indirect Tax team for determining the taxability of the transactions.
- Coordinate with the FO MIT and Central tax team for timely submission of tax refunds application.
- Coordinate with the Tax team/consultants for all the Pre and post GST refund cases and provide necessary support in terms of documentation/clarification required by the tax authorities.
- Compliance/Controls related:
- Review and monitoring of documentation for Import of Goods (4-5 consignments in a week) and arrange for duty payment.
- Prepare online /offline application for obtaining the advance license for import of Capital Equipment EPCG Scheme.
- Review of application for bonding the equipment with the DGFT office.
- Monitor and submit the installation certificates against the EPCG license obtained.
- Preparation of De-bonding application and coordinate with the tax authorities for necessary approvals.
- Preparation of Data for Service Export from India Scheme(SEIS) and monitor in getting relevant benefits in the form of scrips.
- Quarterly Performance return review and analysis.
- Annual Performance return review and analysis.
- Providing the data for preparation of softex reporting/Review and monitoring of Softex filing.
- Monitor filing of refund (GST) and follow up with the tax authorities for the refund amount.
- Application and renewal of relevant licenses. i.e., (EPCG/RCMC) etc.,
- Appearing with the tax authorities for the assessments and appeals as per the notices received.
- Support on Internal audit – Provide necessary information/data/documents as per the audit requirement, resolving the queries raised by auditors.
- Cash flow statement submission for Group and India Controllers – Pulling out the information by taking the inputs from various FO and business teams. Submit the final cash flow statement to the Treasury and Central Finance Team.
- Support on Statutory Audit - Coordinate with various business stakeholders and FO Teams such as Direct/Indirect Tax, R&A Teams and provide necessary inputs to the statutory authorities as per the CAS provided by the statutory auditors. Address the audit observations shared by the statutory auditors and ensure timely provision of clarifications for a smooth closure of audit procedures.
- Identify the cost of other business units (SBO-CH, SBO-BNG and DS India) booked in P&T and pass correction entries in time. Identify the root cause and take corrective steps.
- In order to ensure correctness of books of accounts, periodic review of GLs. Identify any tax credits are booked to cost and if identified, ensure necessary correction entries are passed to avail input credits that are eligible for claiming.
Other Business-related activities
- Monitor and follow up on the VAT Refunds under 13th Directive.
- Review and Monitoring the MOA tool for P&T India-(Additions/Amendments/Deletion).
- Review of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Expenses and coordinate with the Central Finance team for relevant reporting.
- Support business on various STIA related queries and provide the finance related STIA costing data.
- Support / advise business team queries time to time and help them in resolving the same. Connect with FO teams/consultants/Central Tax and finance teams on need basis to provide a suitable advise/solution for query resolution. E.g., Cost Centres/WBSE codes/Budgets etc.,
- Support Central Finance/treasury teams for the queries raised by the external stake holders such as Banks/Government department etc.,