Director of HR for GTC in Chennai, India
The Director of HR is responsible for developing, leading and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall GIC business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of sourcing and hiring, HR operations, engagement, performance management, training and development, building and coaching for managerial effectiveness along with compensation and benefits in coordination with the CoEs. This role requires prior experience, leadership skills and maturity, besides the ability to manage global customer and business interactions. The position is an integral part of the GIC leadership team and directly reports to HR based in Chicago IL. Our preference is for a hands-on professional who can view and approach issues from first principles, backed by experience. Finally, the Director of HR must lead and grow the individuals on the team.
HR Strategies & Policies
· Design and implement relevant and impactful HR Strategies & Processes to deliver results for the GIC and the company that are fully compliant with all applicable regulations.
· Proactively identify, plan and implement process improvements across HR operations and functions that will increase efficiency, fully utilising our HR system and enhancing the candidate and employee experience
· Oversee the policy development and implementation process, giving guidance and direction as required
· Provide regular risk assessment of critical activities
· Ensure respective processes and related documents are in place for audit and compliance
· Partner with leaders to deliver a consistent employee experience across all units and locations of the company, through the creation of robust HR processes and governance
· Develop recruitment strategy and Facilitates development of appropriate organisation structures with clearly defined roles and responsibilities and human resources requirements
· Partners with stakeholders to understand business requirements, educate them on India market and continually evolve recruitment process
· Participates in formulating policies related to talent attraction and talent acquisition
· Participates in employer branding activities to increase brand reach, both internally and externally
· Willingness to initiate hands-on involvement and stretch skill sets in areas of forecasting hiring needs from approved staffing plans, prioritisation of request fulfilment, reporting and tracking of Talent Acquisition activity
· To contribute research, analysis and ideas to the development of the HR strategy to ensure that organisational development initiatives are appropriately integrated and aligned with strategic and business goals
· Prepare monthly dashboards for a review meeting with team and leaders
· Design and deliver OD strategies, processes and interventions that support the organisation’s ambition to be a high performing organisation; include initiatives which foster a high-performance culture, where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norms
· Through BPs, coach and provide advice and support to line managers on appropriate team structure and design to meet current and future business needs
· Oversee in-house events (e.g. workshops, away days) as required
· Drive the company’s culture and partner with the business to hold teams accountable for behaviours that shape and support our employee experience
· Ability to understand and analyse a complicated situation and simplify it into actionable solutions
· Fosters relationships and coaches local business leaders and managers to improve the associate experience, communication/feedback, and associate development.
· Coaches on company-wide performance management program and provides advice and recommendations to management and staff
· Periodically reviews and reports on human resource management performance measures, and identify necessary course corrections
· Oversees the reinforcement of company core beliefs, core values, and key performance measures into a performance management system
· Provide advice and support to line managers on decisions pertaining to people matters/strategy and ensure elevated levels of ownership on talent engagement, retention & development agenda
Talent Management and Learning & Development
· To develop the organization’s approach to talent management and succession planning and to coordinate the contributions of key stakeholders to ensure effective implementation
· To work with line managers on the design and delivery of appropriate and relevant development for their employees; to commission and evaluate agreed internally-delivered interventions and to ensure the best use of the development budgets
· To develop coaching, mentoring and secondment schemes to support employee development and the achievement of development.
Compensation and Benefits
· Participates with the CoE and Finance to create the compensation and benefits budget, including the regular monitoring, reporting and adjusting of the budget
· Consult with C&B CoE regarding compensation and benefits benchmarking including market review and cost-benefit analysis to a recommendation to GIC leadership. Coordinate the communications regarding any updates.
· Closely cooperates and manages the relationship with the compensation team/consulting and is a strong supporter and communicator of a total rewards view of recognition.
We are looking for
· An inspirational leader who can roll up their sleeves and make things happen
· Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
· A positive attitude to constantly learn on the job and openness to innovative ideas
· Expertise in HR across talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, performance management system, employee relations, HR policy & frameworks and compliance with HR laws. Can continue to build an institution that can attract and retain extraordinary talent
Academic Qualification: Degree in Engineering / Science / Humanities / Commerce from a reputed institute/university with an MBA in HR from a reputed Institute
Skills & Experience:
· More than 15 years of experience of HR in an entrepreneurial and ambitious organisation with evident success, including at least 10 years in a senior HR leadership role
· Content Areas: should have worked in strategic HR areas, including Performance Management, Talent Management, Leadership Development, and Rewards Design. Experience at a GIC is valuable.
· Strategic thinking, Analytical thinking, effective communication and planning skills.
· An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
· Excellent supervisory, team building, counselling and negotiating skills
· Ability to deploy HR interventions to attract, retain & develop best in class talent
· Familiar with working in the fast-paced and performance driven cultural environment
· Competencies Required: Stakeholder Management, Functional Expertise of HR, Drive for Results, and Collaboration with all business groups.
· Having a global exposure would be an added advantage
· Proficient in public speaking