The Head of Payments Technology will be responsible for setting up a CoE for Delivery Transformation of Payments Systems.
- Perform rapid Proof Of Concepts (POC) to experiment and build rails for the engineering team
- Support engineers and project managers in rapid development and deployment
- Actively participate in team and enterprise-wide architecture and engineering discussions.
- Introduce enterprise architectural paradigms and solutions into the portfolio.
Drive both high level and detailed design and conduct design reviews
- Engage and work with cross-functional leaders to understand and help define business principles, goals and strategy within the scope of responsibility.
- Communicate with senior leaders with regard to strategic direction and changes.
- Mentor engineers and solution architects to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement solutions expeditiously with high quality
- 15 or more years of strong hands-on experience in Java and experience with the backend or middleware processing. Experience on Ruby stack is preferred.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing large scale platforms with high resiliency, availability, and reliability.
- Strong experience in applications with high throughput and performance
- Experience with microservices architectures and service mesh technologies is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in the following environments: Java, Go, Vert.x, React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JASON, CouchBase, Cassandra, Redis, Consul, Jenkins, docker, Kubernates, OpenShift, Drools, Elastic Stack, Kafka, Spark, ML
- Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.