- The R&A Analyst is a very attractive business finance role with great exposure to the respective Businesses/function providing deliverables related to the Management Information, planning and appraisal process for a given business/function, providing clear and articulate commentary to senior decision-makers regarding the underlying business results.
- This role has to build an in-depth understanding of the businesses, strategy & priorities across a number of dimensions in order to provide analysis and insights, identify key Value drivers and highlight where the value gaps exist. It has a lot of opportunities to have an impact on the performance of the business.
- Ensure accurate, timely and insightful management information to the various Business/finance teams on the desired frequency.
- Ownership and resolution of reporting issues – including pro-active Month-end close validation checks to ensure reported financials and analysis are free from material errors
- Performance Appraisal - Ensuring that performance is well analyzed and explained through commentaries/ variance analysis in management information packs delivered on a regular basis
- Provide deeply insightful analysis which incorporates external perspective - to support decision-making and drive the performance improvement agenda
- Drive development/design of new MI and finance support processes
- Ad hoc analysis for leadership teams, including insights on financials/results, working capital analysis, price movement impact on cash/earnings, etc.
- Ensure all processes being executed are supported by approved process descriptions and work instructions, standard process maps
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders & build an understanding of underlying issues within the line of business.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives – to improve data quality, the content of reports/analysis to the business and drive projects to standardize reports and analysis without losing the agility and ability to deep-dive results
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues across various finance & business teams to ensure the achievement of common objectives in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Balance Sheet analysis (in DS)– analyze Balance Sheet numbers including quarter on quarter movements with an intent to understand business drivers and drive impact to the bottom line
- Well-rounded finance professional 3+ years (CA, MBA, CIMA, ACCA etc.) with significant experience in business finance.
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
- Excellent communication skills, clarity of thought and ability to translate complex raw data into simple, powerful and easy to communicate key messages & insights
- Strong financial and business analytical skills
- Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
- CI Mindset, experience in driving operational excellence
- Strong IT skills – Advanced level in SAP, Excel
- Experience in business intelligence tools like Spotfire, BI4, etc is preferred
- Exposure to data analytics would be an added advantage.