Finance Operations (FO) contributes to the organization's aspiration of becoming the world’s most competitive and innovative energy company by promising to deliver sustainable, externally benchmarked, world-class end to end performance in the five processes we operate. FO plays a vital role in enabling the delivery of Finance Functional excellence to the organization
Reporting & Analysis (R&A) is one of the five processes & employs some 25% of staff within FO. The core purpose of R&A is to provide a top quartile (effectiveness and efficiency) team to drive an agenda of financial accounting, reporting, and analysis that delivers relevant external (Group and Corporate) and internal management reporting for RDS. The team is designed to drive a process agenda (for efficiency) and a connectivity agenda (for effectiveness) under the four core business pillars of RDS, namely Upstream, Downstream, P&T and Corporate, Holdings and Treasury).
- The R&A Analyst is a very attractive business finance role with great exposure to the respective Businesses/function providing deliverables related to the Management Information, planning and appraisal process for a given business/function, providing clear and articulate commentary to senior decision makers regarding the underlying business results.
- This role has to build an in-depth understanding of the businesses, strategy & priorities across a number of dimensions in order to provide analysis and insights, identify key Value drivers and highlight where the value gaps exist. It has a lot of opportunities to have an impact on the performance of the business.
- Ensure accurate, timely and insightful management information to the various Business/finance teams on the desired frequency.
- Ownership and resolution of reporting issues – including pro-active Month-end close validation checks to ensure reported financials and analysis are free from material errors
- Performance Appraisal - Ensuring that performance is well analysed and explained through commentaries/ variance analysis in management information packs delivered on a regular basis
- Provide deeply insightful analysis which incorporates external perspective - to support decision-making and drive the performance improvement agenda
- Drive development/design of new MI and finance support processes
- Ad hoc analysis for leadership teams, including insights on financials/results, working capital analysis, price movement impact on cash/earnings, etc.
- Ensure all processes being executed are supported by approved process descriptions and work instructions, standard process maps
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders & build an understanding of underlying issues within the line of business.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives – to improve data quality, the content of reports/analysis to the business and drive projects to standardize reports and analysis without losing the agility and ability to deep-dive results
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues across various finance & business teams to ensure the achievement of common objectives in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Balance Sheet analysis (in DS)– analyze Balance Sheet numbers including quarter on quarter movements with an intent to understand business drivers and drive impact to the bottom line
- Well-rounded finance professional 3+ years (CA, MBA, CIMA, ACCA etc.) with significant experience in business finance.
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
- Excellent communication skills, clarity of thought and ability to translate complex raw data into simple, powerful and easy to communicate key messages & insights
- Strong financial and business analytical skills
- Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
- CI Mindset, experience in driving operational excellence
- Strong IT skills – Advanced level in SAP, Excel
- Experience in business intelligence tools like Spotfire, BI4, etc is preferred
- Exposure to data analytics would be an added advantage.