The main purpose of this role is to provide leadership and direction to the FO team and to deliver the functional responsibilities related to one line of business. The position plays an active and key role within the P&T finance community. The P&T Interface Manager is focused on business performance and people and is an effective stakeholder manager at all levels of the organization.
The team is responsible for planning and appraisal of P&T Projects & Engineering and Development Technical Directorates (PTP, PTE, PTU EVPships).P&T Interface Manager will be a formal member of the Planning, Performance and Functional Excellence Leadership team and R&A CHT and P&T Leadership team. He or she will also have regular interactions with PT Finance Leadership teams.
The P&T Interface manager represents the team with regard to changes in reporting and analysis requirements and business expectations. He or she should be able to deliver and lead through others to help drive maximization of business impact.
The role requires a strong focus on driving performance improvements and delivering direct value to the leadership teams. The candidate must have the ability to manage change effectively and be able to deal with the business complexities within a global operating model. People who have strong analytical skills, who value teamwork and who are comfortable in dealing with senior stakeholders will thrive in this environment.
- Lead, support and guide the Team members in the achievement of all functional responsibilities and drive their development within the organization
- Manage staff performance and development, self and through team managers
- Actively engage staff in discussions relating to CI, HSSE, Operational Excellence as well as staff welfare
- Effective networking in the R&A team (and wider) to learn from others and to attract the best talent to the team
- Coaching and mentoring of the team members to further develop curiosity, communication and content skills to the appropriate professional level to be a valued business partner at all levels
- Demonstrate and role-model the 5 behavioral imperatives to the staff and lead them to get the same from them and ensure basic behavioral aspects are embedded in the team, such as taking accountability, effective stakeholder engagement, priority setting, commitment management
- Build a culture and environment that work of the team(s) is reviewed against the highest standards of accuracy and efficiency and maximizes the impact
P&T Interface Manager having accountability to deliver a wide range of high-quality analysis and advice, often to tight deadlines, including:
Business Plan & Strategy
- Supports Planning/Budgeting process and drafting the Operating Plan
- Ensure Accurate Latest Estimates are developed and reported
- Drives and coordinates the Planning/Budgeting interfaces across P&T TDs in FO and with Central P&T Finance team
- Support to the Leadership Teams and co-ordinate for business requirements
- Ensure Finance Discipline is maintained
Finance in the Business & Management Information
- Provide support to the Financial and Business assurance process
- Support the business in developing project planning, Asset support in line with the respective line of business/ Technical Directorate
- Interpreting and deliver the financial information, provide challenge & analytical support to the leadership team
- Provide business insights on overhead spend, cost recovery, resource utilization and drive efficiency improvement initiatives
- Assist the organization to operate efficiently and effectively within the financial controls environment
- Operating Plan for Projects & Engineering, Development EVPs ~ 1.5 Billion
- There are approx..20 VPs and 4500 staff in the LoBs
- The team size would be ~13 staff (including 7 direct Staff)
- Understand business drivers to ensure high-quality decision support
- Be a real Business partner and work closely with In-Country Finance team
- Ensure you understand and own the Projects & Engineering and Development content and drive it also your self
- Ensure the team becomes more predictive (timing) and increases the quality of bread and butter / recurring deliverables
- Execute Strategic Intent together with In-Country Business Finance Manager Projects
- Improve Business Planning process & quality (from data gathering to value-added analysis and intervention)
- Ensure early detection of deviations from Project plans and budgets
- Improve the quality of and apply ESSA to Management Information
- Influence various parties without formal authority
- Improve business relationships
- Balance challenge and support role
- Working in virtual teams with different time zones/cultures
- LEAN/Six Sigma qualification is an advantage or at least willing to become qualified
Ability to operate effectively in a matrix structure in which team members have formal reporting lines into R&A with deep functional connections into P&T Finance/ Business Finance Managers/ P&A Managers
Besides ad hoc requests, the team should deliver peak performance during the Operating Plan/ Latest Estimate cycles of the year. During these peaks, additional team efforts are required. There will be often demanded quality and in-depth analysis at short notice. This requires the ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines. To be successful in group one should be an excellent team player.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Build an effective team working to deliver a shared vision, supporting each other to attain the highest standard of quality and working in a transparent atmosphere of continuous improvement spanning different regions and areas
- Build effective partnerships with business and finance stakeholders
- Have a natural commercial curiosity and be experienced in business partnering
Currently, P&T is going through a change journey (Delivery Model), which PT Finance is supporting. The incumbent is expected to play a driving part in this change journey. Also, Finance is reviewing its own organization (World Class Finance Project), hence potential In-Country/FO wide organizational changes and there might be a change in the scope of this role.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- This position is ideally suited for people with strong Leadership skills with a robust analytical background who would like to influence decision making and the performance management agenda in the organization.
Leadership & Technical Skills
- Should be self-motivated, self-starting, and able to build and lead an effective and strong relationship with his stakeholders and manage/integrate with others in different functions and in a multicultural and diverse business environment.
- Demonstrated Enterprise First mindset with related values and behaviours.
- Individual should be proactive, a creative and pragmatic thinker, looking beyond the scope of requests being made.
- Highly developed analytical skills with perceptive and clear strategic abilities. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including senior stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in coaching and training. Proven ability to motivate others and develop strong relationships with staff at all levels.
- Experienced in working in a virtual environment and building/managing virtual teams.
- Experienced Finance professional (management accounting skills experience) with proven track record,12 – 15 years of post-qualification experience.
- Ability to lead teams with multiple layers and proven people/team development skills
- Financial analysis with Project reporting experience is essential
- Capable to drive business performance management and provide business insights
- Previous experience of engaging with senior stakeholders
- High competency in Excel, strong analytical & numerical skills required.
Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process
Builds Shared Vision Knowledge
Champions Customer and Stakeholder Focus Skill
Maximizes Business Opportunities Skill
Demonstrates Self Mastery Skill
Displays Interpersonal Effectiveness Skill
Demonstrates Courage Skill
Motivates, Coaches and Develops Skill
Values Difference Skill
Delivers Results Through Others Skill
Process Management & Improvement Knowledge