- 4+ years of experience in handling backup technologies for physical as well as Virtual/Cloud environments.
- Worked on tools like Networker, Commvault, Veritas Netback, Veeam etc
- Perform reliable, secure backup and recovery across the enterprise in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Create and update documentation for backup procedures, solutions, licensing and applicable project artifacts.
- Proactively provides improvement to the current processes and provide consistent customer service
- Coordinate with OEM technical support team to resolve issues.
- Periodic restoration of backup jobs to verify data recoverability and to meet the audit compliance
- Ability to learn new technologies as per business adoption.
- Understanding of the storage systems, SAN will be added advantage for the role.
- This Backup administrator performs daily operations in a distributed environment to backup, recover and archive company information.
- Supporting and troubleshooting backup, recovery and archiving in a large, complex and widely distributed environment.
- Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup solution implemented across the Infrastructure facilities as per pre-defined policies & procedures.
- Monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
- Provide status and progress reports for backup environment related activities and tasks on regular/periodic basis.
- Track backup resource capacity on daily basis and inform leads through reports
- Provide on-call support as per business requirements.
- Proficient in performing zoning and provisioning LUN's from SAN Storage array.