- Designs technical infrastructure for applications and assists in defining application tools. In addition to the individual contributor responsibilities shown below. also have leadership responsibilities, such as: recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Develops the applications architecture and blueprints which reflect business logic of the section or division. Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools. Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools.
- Provides technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams. Consults on integration and conversion activities, experiences and considerations. Acts as subject matter expert, as needed.
- Participates in mapping the technology-independent application's architecture to the chosen technology platform.
- Conducts reviews and analyses organizational needs to make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of applications.
- Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace. Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs.