Purpose of the job:
- This a lead role for managing the Server Support operation and demands the knowledge to support the day-to-day operations of Data center .Will have opportunity to expand their knowledge via solutioning and deployment of various IT Projects .
- Must have Good knowledge on various Platforms and have experience in managing both Unix and Windows across physical and virtual stack (H/W, OS, storage, backup) deployed Private and public Cloud . Have done Optimization of the infra resource in current environment, and be able to build the resilient infrastructure operations.
Deliverables (Maximum 5-6 key responsibilities):
- Able to lead the team of administrator and coordinate and work with cross-functional teams.
- Manage and maintain the platform across the Windows and Unix both physical and virtual , across various hypervisors ESX, AHV, Hyper V , KVM and public cloud.
- Interact and work with both internal and external customers on issue resolution and new on-boarding
- Maintain software updates, designing and implementing new system structures, monitoring server activity, backup and auditing server security.
- Maintain the reliability and viability of the company’s computers, computing systems, and network infrastructure.
- Track server activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system and network functions.
- Demonstrate written/verbal communication, problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and VMware technologies
- Build and Defines the best practices and support procedures for 24 x7 operations of the team .
- Works with Infrastructure architecture and cloud team for evaluating the new technologies and assist in onboarding of the same.
- Desktop management tools administration support; Desktop Central ,SCCM etc
- Maintains the S/W and H/W inventory and helps in Optimization of licenses in Data Center
Demonstrate (Key competencies):
- Strong knowledge of virtualization stack like VMWare, Hyper-V, AHV etc
- Design level knowledge of VMware infrastructure, .
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- Good team player, ability to lead and manage team while resolving team conflicts
- Must have worked for managing large infrastructure (at-least 500 plus VM servers)
- Clear understanding of heterogeneous environment for virtualization
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs
- Yrs 8-10 Year of experience in managing the Data Center Server and systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2003/2008) /desktop Operating Systems (XP/7)
- Managing deployments/rollouts • Managing large scale VDI deployments of Citrix /Horizon/Terminal Server installations
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking Linux/UNIX administration.
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration • Ability to troubleshoot network issues including backbone infrastructure issues